Saturday, October 24, 2009

Here I am again!


Here I am again already. I have just read a few blogs of note and I am in love. This forum that I was so hesitant to take up may well be part of a reawakening for me. There are so many inventive, creative, artistic, funny, moving blogs to read. I have been living an "unimportant" life for the last few months having been laid off from my job as a high school English teacher. ASIDE - I had a teaching dream last night. I threw all the kids (the whole class!) into an old, decrepit muscle car and took them on a field trip up to the park I used to go to as a child. The Principal was not notified and I am not much of a rule breaker, I must admit, so this was stressful for me. I then gave them a lecture on the one-on-one basketball court using a video projector showing a movie with Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper. Then we walked/drove back to school and I told them not to tell their parents. Their assignment was to write 500 words on anything they had experienced on that field trip. BACK TO REALITY - So there is this one blog called Nat the fat rat (I think; I will add it to my following list) and she too is unemployed and living an "unimportant" life. And she writes that she spends her days "noticing things." Can you believe that. I think it is one of the most beautiful and inspiring things I have ever read. I think my life (outlook or perspective at least) is about to change.

Currently thinking about how much I love my husband and how he is the littlest, most whimsical creature ever, despite the fact that he is six foot six and change. That's him up top.

No comments:

Post a Comment