Saturday, October 24, 2009

I think I miss the ocean...


So this is my first post in a forum which I swore I would never participate in. Blogs: scary, public, egotistical, self-involved, useless, etc. But here I find myself. At first I wanted to have one of those poetic, spare blogs filled with poetry and perfectly composed photographs of models and landscapes and light. Then I wanted my blog to be funny. I have read a lot of excellent blogs in the past couple of days and it has proved mildly intimidating. The intimidation factor would be extreme were it not for that facts that I will not divulge my identity photographically or otherwise (the above is mom the year before she died) and also, no one will read this, which is why it isn't self-involved or egotistical - more like a diary where I am venting, trying to figure out my life, and musing on my current obsessions. Now I just want this blog to be truthful.

So the truth about me - I am not overly poetic or overly hilarious so I had to settle for just being me on these posts. I am a girl (a woman really I guess); I am unemployed and I have recently moved with my husband to a small ski town. I am not, as of yet, a winter sports enthusiast, but we will see. I watch too much TV, which is perhaps what keeps me from being a more interesting person. I am creative but I don't usually create. This is supposed to help with that.

My current obsessions:

bears
snow
books
horror movies
writing
reading other people's blogs (it is so voyeuristic)
grammar (so if anyone ever reads this, please feel free to correct any grammar, usage, or sentence structure problems/mistakes you see)
training my willful 120 lb dog
my beautiful geriatric kitty
bears
snow
figuring out what the f to do with my life
cooking (roast chicken and vegetables with oven fries tonight)
not answering my phone - even when people I really, really like are on the other end
Nat the Rat's blog

So, I guess that's it for today. I am sure I will post quite often as I really don't have much else to do with my time, not having a job at all, ha! Well, all in all I think I am down with blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment