Sunday, October 25, 2009

Doing - not just being


Okay, it is Sunday morning and Bonz/Bons is curled up on my lap.

A note about Bonz- Bonz is my kitty; she is 15 years old (that is 76 in cat years). She is the prettiest kitty I know but she has some personality issues. She has struggled in the past with her personal interactions with: other cats- most, but she has cohabitated with 2 (Snake and Nitty); dogs-all; strangers, especially men; my mother-in-law, though not for lack of her trying; my father; children, otherwise known as monsters to her - anyhow, you get the idea. Her name has had a real evolution too and perhaps she has an identity crisis because of it, though I highly doubt it as she considers herself queen of the world like most cats.

Her name: She started out as Judy. Historically I have had...trouble... coming up with good pet names until recently. After Judy just wouldn't stick and everyone was calling her "The Kitty." I then changed it to Josie, which lasted about 5 days. So, she was The Kitty until I met my husband. He nicknames almost everything and I was telling him that when I lived with 4 other girls and The Kitty was younger, one of them used to call her Flatso because she would lie on the bed resembling a pancake. He started calling her Flatso Bonaduce (pronounced bonadoochay), which became Bona and then that was her name for a few years until it changed to Bonz. I always thought it was spelled Bons until he told me it was Bonz (like The Fonz). So, she is Bonz and she is perfect and sleeps with us every night, sometimes so soundly that I have to shake her because I am afraid she is dead. She has started snoring recently - soft little whistles through her nose.

Today's post is about doing. I have become inspired to add pictures to my posts and not just old ones from the cache that I already have. I am going to try my hand at taking pictures around my new town. I have taken 2 photography courses and I fear I do not have "an eye" for it but I will try. Lately I have been sinking into myself a bit and watching too much TV and hiding from myself and the world. I am going to try to change that and this blog is part of it. I wish I could go for a run, but my left achilles is sore so I may just have to settle for the gym. Soon the snow will come and I will be able to snowshoe or cross country ski for my exercise. 90% chance of 10 cm this Thursday!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this ! LOL I also love where you say you are shy (much like a mini donkey that was for sale on craiglist) ahahah!!

    Love it!

    Keep bloggin!

    ReplyDelete