Monday, October 26, 2009

The snow, the snow, the snow




The snow has arrived. It started last night and continued to fall into the afternoon today. Because of the snow there was a "planned" emergency power outage to remove a tree from a power line. Planned in that they called beforehand, which I of course screened and then had no idea that it would only last 45 minutes, and thus was painting all sorts of dire scenarios that starred me with blue lips and chattering teeth wrapped in a ragged gray blanket. This would be after the power had been off for weeks. You see, most residents around here have wood stoves and we do not. We have a furnace. A furnace that had to have its pilot light relit after the outage. Poor Russ had to spend at least an hour fiddling with it.


And this is my town. Where it will snow all winter and I will try to figure out what it all means and maybe start a family and maybe get a job I like or maybe go back to school. Maybe I will be a substitute teacher or maybe I will just fly in the face of all that is expected and just do nothing!


At any rate, Banjo LOVES the snow. We went for an enchanting hike in the forest this morning and Russ carefully watched out for a goblin ambush while I complained that my hiking boots were a half size too small. Banjo snuffled through the drifts and flopped down for excessive rolling at every opportunity.


Time for wine and Indian curry (chicken vindaloo specifically). Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment